Thursday 20 March 2014

Y5 and Y6 Camp

Last week camp started on wednesday. It was for the year 5 and six’s. I got the chance to be a leader with tai and we named the team the all stars. We were camping on school grounds and it was really hard to sleep on. The camp was a tradition to Pt England school and the first one was in 1993 so they just cared it on for 21 years.



Our first activity was top town if you don’t know what it is well it’s a  game with lots of obstacle courses. The first thing was moving the planks into a passage way to get to the water balloons which you had to fill up in the beginning. When you get to the water balloons half way across from the bottom field you get called to sit down so he could go over the rules. Then we played you had to try and keep dry. Elizabeth Glassie got hit in the face by tai with a water balloon. The Next thing was to use the skinny planks to get across to the taou pollen that was no problem. Then you had to go under it and to the sling shot. We failed on that because we kept on missing the target. Finally  we succeeded and moved on to the gumboot challenge. we had to throw gumboots on to the same target we used for the sling shot. Then we had to get as much water from the bucket to the other one by using a sponge after 8 squirts it the bucket was finished and we went back the way we came and it turned out we came 1st it was so close because they were in front of us but the fell into the water. but apart from that it was a tie breaker.

Next it is time for my favorite which is indoor sports. There were all sorts of things we could do like basket ball, table tennis, tennis and my favourite roller skating. That was my favourite because I love to roller skate and I was the best out of the girls even though I had to wait I still got a turn. Sateki kept on asking, “Do you want to race,” But I said no,” because I knew he would win. The best out of the boys was sateki.

Now for the ending. I was so thankful for my parents for letting me go to camp. I was really excited and lucky because some of the other kids didn’t come. I would like to thank the teachers who set it up and looked after us so three cheers to them! Thank you everybody who helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.