Monday 25 February 2013

NERF GUNS!









My dad and I LOVE Nerf guns. We have a big collection of them. My dad and I love to shoot my sisters and my mum and we all have fun shooting each other. When I came back from the Cook Islands my dad had purchased 2 new nerf guns. One is called a long strike cs-6 and the other one is a recon cs-6. They're pretty long. My favourite one is the long strike cs-6 because its long, blue and its a sniper gun. Next time I hope we get the vulcan ( picture on the right ) because it shoots 25 bullets at one time so when we have a contest I can shoot the furtherest and that means I'll have the coolest gun.

I have all sorts of nerf guns from big ones to small ones to long ones.

My dad bought me a barricade rv-10 and himself one but he modifyed his one to make the bullets go faster, harder and further. He also modifyed the blue long strike cs-6 but he forgot to put the spring back in. Uh-oh! Now it makes a big noise everytime you shoot it and it hurts the ears.

I have two small buckets full of nerf bullets, but each gun has its own bullets. Sometimes some bullets will work in one gun when another wouldn't work at all in the other guns. So you have to have the right bullets all the time. My sisters gun has the sticky bullets that stick to your clothes, thats my mums favourite one. Some bullets when you fire it it whistles. So thats pretty cool.

One sunny weekend my family and I had a nerf war at my nana and grandpas place in Grey Lynn. There were two teams, the one at the bottom were the older people my dads team and the ones at the top were the kids, my team. I kept getting my uncle Nat in the head with my barricade rv-10. nek minute my dad shoots me in the face and the leg but I got revenge, i got him in the head and stomach a few times. Don't worry the bullets are foam and doesn't really hurt. We played till it was dark and was really fun. I wish I had my glow in the dark bullets but I lost them all one night at home playing with my dad in the dark. When my cousins left to go home, my auntys and mum joined me but I left them and went with my other aunty that was alone. About twenty minutes later we started to chuck water gloves down like water balloons but we kept missing everyone and some didn't burst open.

We also had a nerf war at my house and it was funny. I had my gun the barricade rv-10 and the rest had the other guns. My dad and I was in one team and we stayed down stairs while Shoal, mum and Cree went up on the stairs. They were lucky because they had a better view and better angles to shoot at us. "READY SET GO!" I yelled as I was getting ready to shoot. My mum had the maverick-rev6 and she kept waisting her bulletts but dad is smart he knows how to use his bullets carefuly. My dad and I made ourselves a shield with the kitchen chairs and also cushions and my baby sisters play mat. I went up close to their barrier to get a better shot . When shoal stuck her gun out BAM! I got her in the eye poor Shoal but thats the point of the game. When it was near the end we just went all out and ran up the stairs shooting my mum and sisters. I think we played for 2hours but that was a fun day.

As you can see my dad and I are NERF FREAKS. I just put the names of the guns in so you know what they are called if you want to look in the shops. I just call them all nerf guns. My sister even has a orange nerf scooter and I have a nerf Ipod speaker doc.

Does anyone else have nerf guns collection like my dad and I? let me know in the comments.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Khaia mum here.

    wanted to say I think we won that nerf war on the stairs. Your dad isnt as clever as your mum. I had tactics and a reloader which was Shoal. Also 6 guns on stand by that I pretty sure took your dad out few times. Its all about the angles..having a plan and going for it. haha but in honesty keep up the great blogging and also please proof read your work and remember your capitals and full stops.

    love mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sorry but we won because I kept shooting you in the bum(:But thanks for you comment I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If aunty was there, she sooo would have won ;P
    Great story Khaia

    ReplyDelete
  4. another wonderful story! I cant believe how many guns you guys have! Do you guys have many nerf wars or was that the first one? imi sure mum is just dreaming about winning ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Wow khaia I couldn't have put it better my self.
    I had an awesome time playing and now I'm having an even better time reading about it..

    Dad

    sorry used your mums email above accidently hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Khaia,

    After reading your story and the description of the guns and how much fun you all had, it makes ME want to come and play!!!

    I can't wait to read all about your next adventure!

    Nice one Khaia - Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post about nerf gun. Thank for share this post. my nerf gun review

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.