Thursday 7 April 2016

Fiafia

Tonight, Pt England School is going to have it’s annual Fiafia where all the students families can come and watch their child perform. Fiafia has been happening ever since 1996 and had been happening every second year. 2013 and 2014 are the only 2 years we had fiafia in a row. There are various cultural groups performing as well as Hip Hop, Circus Circus, Rock Band and Western. Today is just a run through of where the groups have to sit and what order they go in to perform.

This year I have decided to join Niuean. The first time I performed for fiafia I was in the Cook Island group. First we practised every Thursday but these 2 weeks we have been practising Monday through to Thursday every time after lunch. We have been practising in Miss Lavakula classroom. In my group I am a leader with Ashley, Juliet, Stevenson, Dartanian and T.J. My role is to show all the dance moves to the kids who don’t remember it and to yell luie before we do our dance.

Our Item song is Together For Generations, a haka made by Dartanians mum and a welcoming song. The last time we did it it took us 4 minutes and 36 seconds. Juliet, Ashley and I came up with some of the dance moves for Together For Generations. I am in the second row directly in the middle.



Tomorrow I am looking forward to the delicious food stalls and watching my friends performance. Sadly it’s only my sister, my dad and I going because my big sister has to stay back and look after my mum as she is pregnant.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.