Wednesday 23 March 2016

My Writing Sample


Every picture tells a story.  Use your imagination and experience to narrate (tell) a story about the photo.

Take 5 minutes to plan your writing below.
Plan:

Title: Lost in a bush
O: Who - 2 people, Jerry and Duncan
    What - they go out for a walk and get lost
    Where - in a bush walk
    When - morning (when the sun had just raised)
    How - Walk
P: They get lost and have to spend 3 nights in the forest
S: A person with there dog goes on the walk (they know their way around every corner) the dog sniffs out the 2 guys and then they save them.

Make it interesting!
include a interesting title!


TITLE: Lost in a bush
Start your writing here:

The sun had just rose upon the hills, the rays from the sun peeped through my bedroom curtain, I felt the heat waking me up.  It was a Friday morning here at Hunger Ville, the birds were singing there fabulous morning song and the crickets chirping had come to an end. It was the day of the famous bush walk I had always been wanting to go on. I couldn’t go on it before because I had no one to go with but with my brother in town it would be the perfect opportunity. My brother, Duncan and I, Jerry, are very excited for this event. We stayed up all night packing our bags full to the brim. We slipped on our shoes and set off.

The bush was 1 kilometre away so the car was an obvious decision to make. without hesitation I turned the key to hear the exhaustion from the car rumble. As I was backing out of my steep driveway Duncan was setting the GPS to our destination. It started off with, “ in 100 metres take a right onto Lovely avenue” and of course I took a right onto lovely avenue. this had went on for half an hour taking a right when I needed to go left, taking a left when I needed to go right. I was sure we were going in circles because we just kept passing trees that looked exactly the same as the others that came before it. We took one more right turn onto Richview Avenue and there it was the start of the track. II thought that it looked better in real life than on the picture.

Without further adieu we unpacked the car and stepped just once into the Bush walk with a deep breath to be greeted with and stench of animal poop. It reeked of old fish guts and well... POOP! But I had the power to look past it and keep going but Duncan had otherwise he thought about vomiting but he finally had the guts to overlook it as well. we had begun our journey.

I tap Jerry on his shoulder and tell him, “Legend says that at the end of this bush walk there is a waterfall that grants you 2 wishes but it is in the horrible bit of the bush walk called *GULP* HORROR VALLEY *dundundun*!” But before he could finish off his story he was interrupted by his brother, “pshhh that's just an old town folks storey from when we were kids. Don’t get reeled in it always turns out to be fake. I just looked the other way with a face that I couldn’t explain but it was a mixture of angry and ignoring him.

We had spent about 5 minutes not talking but my mouth gave in and had to speak, “so how long do you think we have been walking?” “for about 10 minutes (Duncan cheeks his watch)” They saw a sign saying track goes this way. “So the only way to go was through the forest I guess” Duncan said. They went through to find no path awaiting them just bushes, trees and other wild birds. It wasn’t until I heard a rush of water thinking that it was the magical waterfall but what was it doing so close I thought it was in HORROR Valley *dundundun* so I just thought we took a short cut. When I told duncan he said show me.

I took him to the place I heard the sound from and when we saw it was a waterfall but it wasn’t the magical one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.