Wednesday 15 October 2014

Capitals

WALT: write an explanation telling people what capitals letters are and when you use them.

Do you know what capital letters are? If you don’t well you're in luck I know a lot about what they are. The first thing you need to know is that the name for the letters are called uppercase letters or capitals, Little kids like to call it big letters.

You can use Capitals at the start of sentences. There are lot’s of ways to use Capitals for example at the start of this sentence, can you see the uppercase letter. You can also use them after a question mark or explanation mark.


Another time you can use uppercase letters are for the name of a day or month. For instance, today is Wednesday the 15th of October 2014. Can you see that I put a capital for the day and the month, these are referred to dates. Of Course you can see it I highlighted it yellow. One more way you can use it as dates are holidays like Christmas or Halloween and more.


Names of people are another way of using uppercase letters. For example, My friends name is Ariana, or My name is Khaia. There are also other names that start with capitals but that will be explained in the next paragraph. So now lets move on to the next way you can use uppercase letters.


Place names can also have capital letter’s to start with. Another way of saying place names are called geographical places. For example, “I love going to Mcdonalds because the food there is delicious” I said Mcdonalds because it is a geographical place. I could also say, “I live in GI which is in Auckland, New Zealand.


So I guess by now you know a lot about what capital letters are and how to use them. So remember you need capitals so that your paragraph or sentence will make sense and so your reader will know what you are writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.