Monday, 7 April 2014
Rules about flax:
1. You must always treat the flax with respect.
2. Take off the edges and mid rib when you are getting ready to weave the flax
3. Cut thee flax stripes to the same length
4. Never stand on the flax when someone is using it
5. Do not keep it for yourself so always give it as a gift.
Things to remember about cutting flax:
1. A flax has lots of leaves but make sure you do not cut the three middle one (Baby, Mother, Father)
2. Cut it down wards
3. When you are finished using the flax put the unused bits under the flax bush, this will feed the flax.